5% of the “Khloris” Sale Price donated to
What do LIFELINE WA do?
Lifeline WA provides all Western Australians experiencing a personal crisis or thinking about suicide with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Somewhere in Australia there is a new call to Lifeline every 32 seconds. Last year, more than 46,000 Western Australians called for support via the 13 11 14 service. Many were after advice or self-help information for friends and family. Others were reaching out for someone to listen to their concerns. Typically, callers in crisis find that painful changes or problems are increasing their distress and overwhelming their capacity to cope.
Lifeline WA’s support services include:
- 24 Hour Telephone Crisis Support – 13 11 14
- Online Crisis Support Chat service available to all Western Australians 10pm – 2.30am (AWST)
- Education and training programs that increase understanding of suicide prevention and mental health within the community and workplace
- Counselling Services that provide affordable, confidential, face-to-face counselling for separated parents, people experiencing financial difficulty or those who are bereaved
- Information and resources for help seekers and care givers
- Campaigns and fundraising events to raise community awareness about mental well-being and suicide risk
LIFELINE WA WILL RECEIVE 5% FROM EACH “KHLORIS” SALE BETWEEN
MONDAY 1st APRIL – FRIDAY 26th JULY 2019
OUR PREVIOUS CHARITIES…